Northern Tuscany has long been regarded as one of
the world’s most varied, exciting and challenging road
The home of Cyclissimo is ‘A Chele’, an extensive estate, set on a wooded hillside near the ancient walled city of Lucca, a short transfer from Pisa and Florence airports. Our ambition, simply put, is to provide a home from home atmosphere in a relaxed and beautiful setting combined with a seriously brilliant range of guided road cycling experiences.
Cyclissimo – A Chele is a beautifully restored welcoming, and generously proportioned country house with open fires and accommodation for up to 16 guests, along with gym, fitness assessment and training facilities. The property also has a heated outdoor swimming pool, and a beautiful loggia, commanding breathtaking views over the Tuscan countryside. It's the ultimate cycle training camp.
The Heart of Italian Cycling
Our nearest town is Lucca, an ancient walled city boasting a long an honourable cycling history, the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic bike shop proprietors anywhere and countless cycling legends who have chosen to make the town their home.
Italian cycling history is like no other - tragedy, legend, romance, entertainment. Gino Bartali the great champion was born in Florence and trained in the hills around Lucca. He helped frame the golden age of road cycling and you will be following in his tracks.
- Lucca is the home of many cycling greats including Mario Cipollini
- USA Cycling have a training centre nearby
- GB Cycling Academy was based in Quarrata, 20km from Lucca - a base for Mark Cavendish, Alex Dowsett, Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas
- Lucca was the official start of the 2013 Road Cycling World championship
Luxury accommodation for the road cycling enthusiast
at the home of Cyclissimo - A Chele
The accommodation at A Chele is luxury in every sense of the word. With 26 acres of its own secluded olive groves and vineyards, it consists of a beautiful restored house with open fires, a large kitchen, stunning grounds including a large heated infinity swimming pool, and breathtaking views across the surrounding countryside.
The house itself has seven bedrooms with space for up to 16 guests, and includes a gym, fitness assessment and training facilities. there is also an adjoining granary 'Il Granaio' that sleeps up to six people.
About A Chele
- Original materials terracotta floors
- Chestnut beamed ceilings
- Local Carrara marble in all bathrooms and kitchen
- 7 king-sized double bedrooms all en suite
- Large professional kitchen with demonstration island with opening onto garden terrace for al fresco dining
- Formal dining room seating for 20
- Downstairs lounge with fireplace and French windows to loggia
- Fully equipped laundry
- Separate downstairs WC
- Elegant drawing room on first floor with
- Panoramic views
- A second lounge area with satellite TV and DVD
The gardens include flower beds, lawns, wooden pergola and loggia with stunning views across the hills which can also be enjoyed from the infinity swimming pool. All of this make it the ultimate cycling training camp In Italy.